Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Back in Ayrshire, Scotland


Back in Scotland, Jane Lusk Wilson died at Pinmore in 1861 at the age of seventy-two, and James Wilson died at the same place in 1866 at the age of eighty-four. Both died at Pinmore and are buried in the 300 yr. old cemetery in Colmonell, Scotland
In 1997 we went to visit this little churchyard in Colmonell.  It was a beautiful, quaint little church that the people there were still using today.  That's me with my hand on the Wilson monument.
 Here Kathy and I are standing beside the Wilson Monument.  It was interesting to us to see that the monuments went clear up to the church building.  It was as if the church was put right in the middle of the cemetery.  It was a good feeling to be there and be among all of my family who were buried there.  I told my grandchildren later that I would have felt comfortable spending the night with all of my loved ones around me.  They of course thought that was a little crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment